Extender with or without ethernet setup
Netgear extender setup with or without Ethernet port
In this post, we will discuss steps to manually set up the Netgear wifi extender with or without Ethernet port. The role of Netgear wifi extender is to pick up wireless signals from your existing wifi router and repeat it to maximum distances. The device will enable you to access high-speed internet even at the dead zones in your home.
We will learn now, steps to manually set up the Netgear wifi extender with or without Ethernet post.Make sure you follow the instructions carefully as the process is a little complex, and you may lead to trouble if you did not follow the instructions carefully.
Manual Netgear wifi range extender setup – with an Ethernet port
- Open a web browser on your computer. We recommend you use Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
- Enter mywifiext.net into the address bar of the web browser.
- To access the web user interface of your Netgear wifi range extender, you will need to enter the login credentials of your device.
- If you don’t remember username and password of your device, you can check the wireless card given at the backside of your device.
- For Password enter password. Enter carefully because both fields are case sensitive.
- Once you are inside your device, go to the Setup & then Wireless Settings.
- Verify Password or wifi network key in Security Options.
- Does the password match with your Access Point’s password or not? If it’s not matching, then modify it to match it with Access Point password.
- Once you modify the passwords, click on Apply in order to make changes take place on your device.
- Now you can connect your wifi devices to the Netgear wifi extender’s network.Netgear extender manual setup – without Ethernet port
- First of all, you need to get your device back to factory default settings.
- While performing the reset process, press & hold the reset button for about 7 seconds.
- Make use of wifi to connect with your Netgear wifi range extender.
- Now, log into the Netgear wifi extender web user interface by launching a web browser.
- Enter the default web address of your Netgear wifi extender i.e. wifiext.net or mywifiext net.
- Now you will see the Netgear login page prompting you to enter the username and password of your device.
- Enter the username and password in their respective fields. Both the fields are case-sensitive & default. In case, you customized Login credential earlier then enter the recent one.
- Head towards setup wizard of your Netgear wifi extender to setup connection to access point. There s no need of using WPS while reconnecting to the Access Point.
- Now you will have to reconnect wifi devices to the Netgear wifi extender mywifiext.net. Use Manual connection or WPS Push Button.